Edinkillie Parish Church
Beautifully situated on the banks of the river Divie 9 miles south of Forres on the A940 Forres to Grantown-on-Spey road you will find Edinkillie Parish Church. It was built in 1741, improved in 1813 and further extended at a later date. The external walls have been harled and cream washed, making its irreggular shape more attractive.
Internally the church is bright and pleasing to the eye. The traditional 18th century style with central pulpit and galleries on three sides has been retained.
A baptismal basin was gifted in 1886 by Mrs Livingstone-Learmouth in memory of her grandfather, the Rev. Alexander Coull, who was minister at Edinkillie from 1745 to 1790.
The Bruce family presented the church with a commmunion table in memory of their son who was killed in action in1941.
A beautiful pipe organ was gifted by Sir Robert McVitie Grant in 1943.
As recently as March 2012 two circular windows were replaced matching the early original windows. One window was gifted by the Reid family in memory of Wm. R. Reid, Session Clerk 1980 – 1996.
Church of Scotland profile