Our church is located in the village of Dyke, situated near to Forres in the beautiful county of Moray in the North East of Scotland. It is in the sheltered Moray Firth area between the mountains of the Highlands of Scotland and the Grampians in the East. The origin of the name Dyke is Gaelic for dig signifying drain or ditch. The village has its own Primary School where our Minister acts as Chaplain and visits every week. We are close to Brodie Castle, Culbin Forest and The River Findhorn. It is also near to Macbeth’s Hillock thought to be the meeting place where Macbeth met the Three Witches in Shakespeare’s play.
A few miles inland it enjoys the benefits of a microclimate often mentioned on national weather.
The present Church was built in 1781, is listed and stands on the site of an earlier building. Our congregation is a healthy mixture of ages and drawn from over a wide area.
Visitors are made very welcome and invited to share fellowship over a cup of tea in the hall after the service.
Church of Scotland profile